Invitation to attend workshops of the Regulations
3. SAMSA is planning stakeholder engagement workshops to provide stakeholders with an understanding
of the proposed amendments to the regulations, and how they are likely to affect individuals and
businesses. The workshops will cover amongst other things:
a) The strategy around the implementation of the STCW & the STCW-F Conventions.
MN 20 of 2019 Page 2 of 2
b) The basis of compliance with the STCW & the STCW-F Convention, and the structure in place to
give effect to them.
c) The changes being effected to various administrative arrangements, and requirements for
certification and training.
d) Addressing the feedback received from industry since the implementation of the 2013 Regulations,
and that which has been received regarding the proposed amendments.
4. Stakeholders and interested parties are invited to attend the workshops at any of the areas (actual venues
will be published on SAMSA Website) as per below:
Date Area Stakeholder Group
1. 04 November 2019 Durban All
2. 05 November 2019 Port Elizabeth All
3. 06 November 2019 Port Elizabeth Fishing
4. 07 November 2019 Cape Town All
5. 08 November 2019 Cape Town Fishing
5. Stakeholders may continue to submit contributions and comments to SAMSA in writing by e-mail to
email@example.com. The team will review submissions before workshops commence.