Date: 27 September 2016
Time: 17:30 for 18:00
Survival Centre CPUT,
Granger Bay Campus,
Speakers: HydroComp Inc representatives
Topic: HydroComp software solutions
Short description of what will be discussed:
HydroComp software solutions for:
- the prediction and analysis of vessel speed and power performance.
- It also provides for the selection of suitable propulsion system components – engines, gears and propellers.
- propeller selection tool for the sizing and analysis of propellers
- It provides the tools needed for the proper selection of propulsion system components
- propeller design and analysis. It provides the ability to capture the performance of a propeller “on-the-hull” with HydroComp’s unique wake-adapted propeller design codes.
- Analyse existing performance for a given geometry, solve for optimum distributions of pitch and camber.